It seems like all the food products that I can’t live without are at Trader Joe’s. They have it all — nutrition, taste, convenience and a good price.
I thought it would be fun to share my favorite Trader Joe’s products with you. And even though it’s a small store, I’m sure you have some favorites that I’ve completely missed. So, please, do share.
Now, it’s my turn…
1. Organic Olive Oil Whole Wheat Wraps:I use these to make burritos and quesadillas. I love them because they taste good, have a soft consistency and are made with olive oil instead of soybean oil, which is lower in omega-6 fats.
2. Turkey Meat Balls: These are great to have with spaghetti or any quick meal. They not only taste great but they are lower in fat and saturated fat than regular meatballs. Although I do get the party size regular meatballs too. This is the only meat Big A will eat at the moment.
3. Grilled Chicken Strips: These are a life saver. They are perfect on caesar salad, quesadillas or any recipe that calls for cooked chicken. Just defrost quickly in the microwave. Nice flavor.
4. Mediterranean Hummus:Out of all the variety of hummus at Trader Joe’s, this one is my favorite. I wish I could replicate the taste at home because it’s incredible.
5. Dark Chocolate: Do I even have to say anything with this one? Big A and I enjoy these as I teach her to savor the rich flavor. We’re working on the “less is more” concept.
6. Dry Roasted Sliced Almonds (unsalted): These little almonds are addicting — and great on salads. If you kids dislike nuts, they’ll love this crunchy treat. Perfect on yogurt too.
7. Organic DHA Eggs: I really like these eggs as they contain 75mg of DHA, which isn’t bad (see DHA for kids article for amounts kids need). They are also less expensive than other organic/DHA eggs.
8. Trader Joe’s Organic Low Fat Yogurt: This is a great yogurt with a creamy taste that wins for the lowest amount of sugar for a 4 ounce serving that I can find. Sorry no picture — haven’t been able to find this since going to my new store. For more low sugar yogurts, see this post.
9. Dry Roasted Mixed Nuts: I always buy my nuts at Trader Joe’s. I like these mixed nuts with almonds, pistachios, cashews and macadamias (even though we skip the macadamias). It has half the salt of regular nuts.
10. Trader Joe-O’s. This has the same ingredients and fortification (40% DV of iron) as regular Cheerios for a better price. Perfect for babies and toddlers.
There are more products I like at Trader Joe’s but these are the ones that stand out. How about you?